Human Resourcement Development
A.Change management -- working with departments, committees and other groups to help them plan and implement significant changes in their organizations such as work reorganization or moves and space changes.
Change management is a set of ideas, strategies, and skills that can be applied to engage change effectively. These may be applied
- in planning for change
- in implementing change
- in supporting continuous improvement following change
- What kinds of change benefit from using change management?
Retaining and Developing the Workforce- Looks at the manager's role in development planning and conducting development discussions. It includes tips on understanding the development needs of different generations in the workforce.
Learning and Development Strategies - Helps managers identify learning opportunities in the workplace including training, peer learning, and on-the-job assignments.
C.Talent Management and Workforce Planning - Provides an overview of how to manage talent by conducting a department needs assessment and inventorying the workforce capabilities in the department.
- Meeting design and facilitation -- working with clients to help them plan an agenda, stay with the agenda, and discuss issues effectively.
- What is Meeting Design and Facilitation?
Meeting Design is the deliberate act of planning and preparing for meetings ahead of time, which follows a process and includes certain key elements. Meeting Facilitation is the conscious act of guiding the meeting process so that it stays on course, to make sure everyone participates, and to reach the agreed-upon meeting goals.
- Team development -- helping a team to develop its ability to work more effectively together.
Teams share a commitment to a common purpose, mission and goals and work in an environment of mutual accountability. Successful teams develop effective group process, using ground rules and norms to promote effective interpersonal communication. Teams go through recognizable stages of development, with distinct characteristics in each phase. Every project group or work unit is not a team.
- Business Process Redesign -- working with a group to analyze the current way of doing a specific piece of work to determine whether there is a better way to design how the work gets done.
- Customized Training -- working with a group to develop or renew knowledge, skill or values relative to a group goal.